What Is Ford MyKey®?
Are you a parent with a teenage driver in your family? If so, you’ll marvel at all that Ford MyKey® technology can do for you. Engineered to help parents encourage their teens to engage in safe and responsible driving, MyKey® will give you added peace of mind when your young drivers are out on the road. Learn about all it has to offer, then come test-drive a Ford that can be equipped with MyKey® at our Ford dealership near Worcester, MA.
What Does Ford MyKey® Do?
Ford MyKey® allows you to set restricted driving mode settings in your Ford that promote safe and responsible driving. You can limit your Ford vehicle’s top speed, max audio volume, require seat belt usage and more. Drivers who access your Ford using their programmed MyKey® will not be able to deactivate or change these settings, ensuring that your teen driver operates the vehicle responsibly. In addition to providing useful parameters for teen drivers, MyKey® can also help businesses ensure their fleet drivers are driving responsibly.
How Does Ford MyKey® Work?
When a programmed MyKey® is inserted into the ignition, the system reads its transponder chip and identifies the MyKey® code, which activates the settings you’ve selected. As long as your teen driver uses the programmed key you set up, they’ll need to work with the restrictions and driver-friendly settings you’ve chosen.
What Can Ford MyKey® Control?
Your Ford MyKey® can control many different settings depending on the Ford model you drive and the SYNC® technology you use. Some features include:
- Top Speed Restrictions: You can limit your Ford to max out at 65, 70, 75 or 80 mph, and this system will chime reminders to slow down at 45, 55 and 65 mph.
- Belt-Minder®: This system reminds occupants to fasten their seatbelts every 30 seconds, and mutes the vehicle’s audio system until front-seat occupants engage their seatbelts.
- Low-Fuel Warning: MyKey® alerts drivers when their gas tanks are 75 miles to empty.
- Radio Content Filter: You can block all stations labeled as "explicit" by SiriusXM® Satellite Radio. Additionally, you can limit max volume to 44%.
- Safety Technologies: Ford MyKey® prevents drivers from turning off driving aids like Park Aid and BLIS®, as well as AdvanceTrac® settings.
Which Models Can Be Equipped with Ford MyKey®?
To see if MyKey® is available for your Ford model, refer to your Owner’s Manual. If you’re looking to purchase or lease a Ford specifically for MyKey® technology, reach out to the friendly staff at Herb Chambers Ford of Westborough. We’ll guide you through our Ford inventory and let you know which Ford cars, trucks and SUVs can be equipped with MyKey®!